The Delaware HIV Consortium PrEP Navigation program, in collaboration with the Delaware Division of Public Health and Planned Parenthood Delaware, is a program to help potential PrEP users gain access to this once-a-day medication to prevent HIV infection. This program is designed to help at-risk Delawareans gain access to a prescribing healthcare professional, help you pay for required labs, and help link you to copay assistance for the medication itself. Generous grant funding for this program has been provided by the Laffey-McHugh Foundation and the WAWA Foundation, who are underwriting the cost of required diagnostic laboratory testing for PrEP.
The PrEP Navigator will be at Planned Parenthood Delaware, 625 N. Shipley Street, Wilmington, DE 19801, one day a week. You can also get PrEP Navigation at the Consortium’s office at the Community Service Building, 100 W. 10th Street, Suite 415, Wilmington, DE 19801. Please call 302-654-5471 to schedule an appointment, or use the PrEP Navigator Link at the bottom of this page to get a call back.
The Consortium PrEP Navigator will provide the following services to help you access PrEP:
- Enroll – work with a Navigator to enroll in the program.
- Measure risk – Determine suitability for PrEP using Risk Assessment Form (CDC)/educate patient (PrEP 101)
- Determine Insurance – Assess the need for/determine health insurance
- Prescriber – Connect with primary care (if needed) to access a prescription for required lab work
- Lab Work – Connect with LabCorp once prescription for labs is obtained
- Medication Copay Assistance – Connect/enroll in medication copay assistance programs to help pay for medication
- Follow-up in 30 days – Did you get on PrEP?
- Follow up 6 months – Are you still taking your PrEP?
PrEP Navigation Link
To schedule an appointment with our Navigator, enter your name and contact phone number using the fields below and we will call you back to schedule an appointment.