We currently have an opening for a Re-engagement/Prevention Specialist. If you would like to apply, send your resume to email@example.com along with cover letter and salary requirements.
Job Title: Re-engagement/Prevention Specialist
This is a grant-funded, part-time position that is responsible for 1) working with the DE Division of Public Health in locating people living with HIV who are considered “lost-to-care” and reconnecting them with medical/support services; 2) assisting clients in obtaining PrEP for HIV prevention by linking them to available resources; 3) assisting with the Mail Order Condom program mailings; 4) outreach and testing and linkage to care as needed.
Salary: $15/hr, -27 hrs/wk
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
One year experience in HIV services/human services outreach and education, bachelor’s degree preferred. Background in investigative/health surveillance work desirable. Proficiency in personal computing skills (MS Office). Time management and ability to work independently strongly desired. Driver’s license, transportation, or access to public transportation.
Responsibilities with the Prevention Program include, but are not limited to:
· Re-engagement – The Consortium jointly manages a Re-engagement program with the Division of Public Health out of their Dover office. Using information gathered by DPH Surveillance, the State has identified a list of residents who may have stopped their HIV treatment. The job is to investigate and to try to establish communications via US mail, electronic media or social media, or by home visit, and to try to reconnect them to medical care. The Re-engagement Specialist works out of and focuses primarily on clients in New Castle County, but also works with DPH staff in Dover to obtain a monthly list of clients, researches contacts, makes home visits, establishing contact and encouraging clients to schedule appointments, assisting them with appointments, and, when necessary assisting with transportation and even meeting them at their appointments.
Navigator will follow all protocols as established by DPH for researching and making contacts, as well as reporting on the outcome of their activities (through monthly status reports).
· PrEP Navigation – Specialist will work with supervisor to develop plan for building network of resources for PrEP Navigation and will work a P/T schedule embedded in a clinical setting to act as navigator, assisting clients in obtaining PrEP for HIV prevention by linking them to available resources such as patient assistance, help with insurance, etc. The Navigator will keep logs of encounters and will track the success of their efforts through documentation.
· Condom Distribution Program assistant – as part of the Prevention duties of the position, the Re-engagement/Prevention Specialist will assist the supervisor with the smooth operation of
the Delawear One Mail Order Condom program, filling orders and executing weekly mailings.
· The Re-engagement/Outreach Specialist will receive training/certification in conducting HIV and Hep C testing and will be required from time to time, to fill in to testing and outreach opportunities as needed and assigned by the supervisor. The specialist will receive ongoing training in testing procedures, testing protocols, and risk-reduction counseling, as well as linkage to care protocols as part of this duty.
· Other duties as assigned.
We currently have no job opportunities available at the Delaware HIV Consortium. If you would like to send us your resume to keep on file, you may submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.