We currently have an opening for the Executive Director of the Consortium. Application can only be made through Indeed.com.
Job Title: Executive Director
For more than twenty-eight years the Delaware HIV Consortium (DHC) has continued to evolve and grow in order to better serve the HIV community in Delaware. A non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides a wide array of client services to meet the ever-changing needs of the HIV community.
The main office is in Wilmington, DE, with a Housing and Medical Case Management office in Milford, DE
The Executive Director of the Delaware HIV Consortium should be a proven organizational leader who combines strong work ethics, stature and presence with a strong belief and understanding of the organization’s mission. Candidates should be comfortable addressing a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, constituents, the media, political appointees and other sources of financial and professional supporters and funders and possess the acumen to set, implement and maintain the overall strategic direction. An experienced manager of human and financial resources with the ability to create/foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration that has undergone significant growth in the past five years.
· Lead the implementation of the Strategic Plan 2020 to ensure that the Delaware HIV Consortium is a robust, viable and fiscally sustainable organization committed to delivering quality services while always placing clients first
· Drive the development of annual and long-range operating plans
· Develop program budgets for the organization, coordinate long range planning, manage oversight of financial and programmatic reporting, monitoring and evaluation
· Ensure the Delaware HIV Consortium incorporates and updates national strategy directives from HRSA and the CDC in its continuum of care.
· Continue to grow current development programs while identifying and securing new innovative financial opportunities by actively engaging donors and funders in supporting the agency.
· Provide vision and oversight to ensure success in individual, corporate, foundation, in-kind and special event fundraising (Fundraising)
· Research, develop and implement client services by identifying service gaps in the continuum of care with the assistance of the Community Planning Committee
· Monitor the 340 B program that generates increased access dollars and provides funding to many Ryan White under funded programs, ensuring HRSA & OPA program compliance and that all clients available to participate in the program are duly encouraged to take part in the program, if they wish
· Partner and actively grow, expand, and improve existing client services, including mental and behavioral health, medical case management, testing, re-engagement services and all other programs provided, while remaining true to the mission and core values of the organization
· Manage all personnel activities, including oversight of hiring and retention of qualified and competent staff, supervision and ensure timely annual evaluation of job performance
· Provide opportunities for all staff and departments to further develop their acumen for professional development, individually, and as a team
· Manage the overall performance evaluation process for the Leadership team while ensuring they work closely with their direct reports to determine their performance objectives
· Provide transparent fiscal stewardship of the Delaware HIV Consortium and developsufficient resources to ensure the organization’s financial health
· Manage the organization’sresources within budgeted guidelines and in accordance with applicable current laws and regulations and develop and recommend an annual budget for board approval
· Continually monitor HRSA and OPA guidelines for the 340 B Program and ensure that all increased access dollars from the program are spent on Ryan White services and that funds are spent down within the proper 12-month period
· Report to, assist and advise the Board of Trusteesand its committees on the establishment of the policies and objectives
· Identify and assess changes in policies, funding and industry trends and keep the board apprised of any anticipated impact on the Consortium’s operations
· Actively guide Board of Trustee’s development with board development committee to ensure diverse board membership that bring different skill sets to further strengthen and enhance the board in representing the community at large, the business community, stakeholders, and the diversity of the Delaware HIV community
· Identify and engage partners to enhance the Delaware HIV Consortium’s viability and credibility as the state’s leader in HIV/AIDS resources, information, service delivery and community planning
· Ensure that the Delaware HIV Consortium’s mission, core values, programs and services are consistently presented in a strong and positive to the public, stakeholders, community members, media etc.
· Act as a public advocate/voice for the organization and its programs and the community it serves
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years of non-profit management experience, preferably executive leadership in HIV/AIDS or related field
- Leadership experience preferably in a non-profit environment offering direct client services, community relations and staff management, ensuring staff members receive guidance and have the skills and developmental opportunities to be successful.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to convey the organization’s mission and vision to a diverse range of constituents
- Proficiency in interacting and engaging diverse groups at both the grass roots and corporate level
- Demonstrated hands-on fiscal management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting
- Exceptional organizational skills, including planning, delegating and program development
- Proven track record in non-profit fundraising, as demonstrated by growing an organization’s income and support
- Effective staff oversight and financial responsibility, with a demonstrated commitment to inclusion and equity for staff, and in particular, engaging marginalized and under-served communities
Bachelor’s degree required; a graduate degree in a related field is preferred
All applicants are required to apply online through Indeed.com. For additional information about the Delaware HIV Consortium, please visit: www.delawarehiv.org. No phone calls please.
We currently have no job opportunities available at the Delaware HIV Consortium. If you would like to send us your resume to keep on file, you may submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.