Red Ribbon Advocates are people who are infected or affected by HIV who are speaking up and speaking out for the rights of all people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHAs).
What is Advocacy?
- Pleading or Arguing in Favor of Something
- Organized Efforts to Affect Change
- Involving Citizens in Policy Making Processes
- Bringing an Improvement to People’s Lives through Active Support
What is the Red Ribbon Advocates Program?
A multi-session training program teaching how to:
- Write letters to newspapers
- Speak to Legislators
- Write and present your personal testimonial
- Speak about HIV/AIDS to church and community groups
- And much more!
If you would like to be a part of the next Red Ribbon Advocates Program please contact the Delaware HIV Consortium at 302-654-5471. Classes are free.
© The Delaware HIV Consortium