PrEP Toolkit for Prescribers
This toolkit has been prepared by the Delaware PrEP Education Initiative Advisory Committee, a collaborative effort of more than 20 State and private health agencies with one goal in mind: HIV prevention. These materials have been gathered to help you – the potential prescriber – learn more about PrEP. If you are a provider who would like to be listed as a PrEP provider, or would like an in-service on PrEP by the Mid-Atlantic AIDS Education Training Center (AETC), please send an email by clicking HERE.
- PrEP Risk Assessment Tool – this form is intended to be used as a tool to help you determine a patient’s need for PrEP and/or risk for HIV infection. It is not intended to exclude or include anyone – it is one tool you may use to facilitate discussion with your patients. This Risk Assessment is an excerpt from the CDC Clinical Guidelines for PrEP, 2014.
- CDC Clinical Practice Guidelines, 2021 (107-page booklet)
- CDC Clinical Provider’s Supplement, 2021 (53-page booklet)
- Clinical Protocols (Christiana Care HIV Community Program Medical Protocols)
PrEP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Providers
PrEP Fact Sheet for Patients- (CDC, 2014) – Fact sheets about PrEP that you can print and give to your patient who is considering PrEP. Explains what to expect, etc.
- Discussing Sexual History with Your Patients (Association of Reproductive Health Providers) – Suggestions about initiating an open discussion with patients about their sexual health history and practices.
- Provider/Patient Checklist (Christiana Care HIV Community Program – Kahal et al) – PrEP handout for patients about what to expect, inlcuding follow-up testing, visit schedule, and risk assessment and reduction.
- Truvada Fact Sheet – Safety, dosing information, etc.
Background – Clinical Trials; Studies and Research Articles
- Men who have sex with men (NEJM)
- Heterosexual Population (Botswana) (NEJM)
- Partner Study (PrEP efficacy among serodiscordant couples)(NEJM)
- IDUs (Intravenous drug users)(Bangkok) (Lancet)
- PROUD (UK study of PrEP efficacy among MSM (Lancet)
- FEM-PrEP (PrEP efficacy among heterosexual women in Africa)(NEJM)
- AETC National Resource Center – PrEP
- Project Inform – PrEP Flowchart for Patients
- Current List of PrEP Prescribers in Delaware
© The Delaware HIV Consortium