Easy as Pie
Our Efforts Are About Community Collaboration… The Delaware HIV Consortium and the Ministry of Caring are collaborating again this year for the annual ‘Easy as Pie’ fundraising campaign. Proceeds from this fundraiser support our programs statewide.
The Ministry of Caring is committed to serving the ongoing needs of the poor; providing food for the hungry, shelter and housing for the homeless and for individuals with AIDS, job training, dental care, child care and advocacy for the disenfranchised. The House of Joseph II is a permanent 16-bed residence for individuals living with HIV or the advanced stages of AIDS. Residents live as fully and independently as possible in a caring, nurturing environment receiving care for their physical, nutritional, medical, and psychological needs.
Your donation not only gets you a delicious Thanksgiving pie or cake from Linvilla Orchards, Just Desserts by Jekeitta, Achenbach Pastries or Pellman Bakery, but also provides vital services to Delawareans infected and affected by HIV/AIDS. Your donation will provide food, housing, medication co-pays and financial assistance to someone living with HIV/AIDS in Delaware.
- Order your Linvilla desserts by Tuesday, November 19, 11 am. All other desserts have a deadline of Friday, November 22 at Noon.
- Pickup your desserts on Tuesday, November 26, 12 – 6 pm (Day/hours at some locations vary)
Most cakes and pies are $20 each, except the premium desserts from Pellman Bakery are $25.
This Year’s Selection
Dutch Apple Crumb – 9″ from Linvilla Orchards
Apple Caramel Walnut – 9″ from Linvilla Orchards
Coconut Custard – 9″ from Linvilla Orchards
Pumpkin Pie – 9″ from Linvilla Orchards
Pecan Pie – 9″ from Linvilla Orchards
Lemon Meringue Pie – 9″ from Linvilla Orchards
Sweet Potato Pie – 9″ from Just Desserts by Jekeitta
Cherry Crumb Pie – 10″ from Achenbach NEW!
Blueberry Crumb Pie – 10″ from Achenbach NEW!
Peach Crumb Pie – SORRY NOT AVAILABLE
Marble Cake – 7″ from Achenbach Pastries
Red Velvet Cake – 7″ from Achenbach Pastries NEW!
Carrot Cake – 7″ layer cake from Achenbach Pastry
German Chocolate Cake – 7″ layer cake from Achenbach Pastry
Pumpkin Roll – 1 3/4 lb. made in Lancaster County
Premium Desserts from Pellman Bakery – $25
Plain Cheesecake – 60 oz. Pellman Cheesecake – $25
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake – 60 oz. chocolate chip cheesecake from Pellman, $25.
Strawberry & Cream Cheesecake – 48 ozs. from Pellman, $25
Pumpkin Spice Cake – 60 oz. Pellman Pumpkin Spice Cake – $25
Banana Cake – 48 ozs. from Pellman Bakery – $25
Triple Chocolate Cake – 60 ozs. from Pellman, $25
Coconut Layer Cake – 48 ozs. from Pellman – $25
Can You Help Us?
- Help us by ordering your pies early
- Help us distribute posters and brochures – 2019 Easy As Pie flyers
- Help us deliver pies to pick-up sites (email to volunteer!)
- Help us sell pies by promoting Easy As Pie on your Facebook page
Pie Distribution Locations:
- The Community Service Building Corporation-Wilmington
- CHANGED: Ministry of Caring Admin. Bldg. 115 E. 14th, Wilmington
- Crimson Moon Tavern-Wilmington
- Wild Thyme Flowers-Centerville
- PECOs Liquor Store-North Wilmington
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant – Wilmington & Newark
- Everything but The Kitchen Sink – Hockessin
- Kent/Sussex Counseling Services – Dover
- CAMP Rehoboth-Rehoboth Beach
- Village Gym – Middletown
- Keller Williams, 1521 Concord Pike – N. Wilmington