Job Title: INDEPENDENT RESEARCH CONTRACTOR
Delaware HIV Consortium is soliciting applications from qualified individuals and/or organizations that are interested in providing services to draft the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention (DHAP) Integrated HIV Prevention and Care Plan CY 2022-2026.
Delaware HIV Consortium in partnership with the state of Delaware’s Division of Public Health has estimated the availability of the following funding amounts in 2021-2022 for Independent Research Contractor.
Fund Source Estimate
Independent Research Contractor
Up to $35,000.00
Service Delivery Area:
The Independent Research Contractor will support the Delaware HIV Planning Council (HPC) as it executes its 2021/2022 HIV needs assessment process, culminating in the development, and on-time submission, of the Delaware Integrated HIV Prevention and Care Plan: 2022 – 2026, which the contractor will draft. HPC and DPH will maintain final say regarding the content of the Integrated Plan before DPH submits the report to HRSA and CDC. DHC expects to maintain supervision of the Independent Research Contractor to ensure timeliness and quality of work products are maintained, up-to and above DPH’s standards.
GENERAL SCOPE OF WORK / DELIVERABLES:
It is expected that needs assessment activities, research to be performed, and sections to be included in the final Integrated Plan will be established based on consensus among DPH, HPC and the HRSA Technical Assistance Provider. Based upon the previous Integrated Planning processes a non-exhaustive list of activities for the Independent Research Contractor could include:
- Management and assessment of current, national databases and data sets on Delawareans living with HIV, Delawareans at risk for HIV, and service outcomes
- Development of Epidemiologic snapshot from the state’s latest Epidemiologic Profile of HIV
- Creation of federal HIV prevention, care and treatment financial resource inventory for Delaware
- Perform HIV prevention, care and treatment services gaps assessment for Delaware
- Perform structured qualitative and quantitative needs assessment for HIV prevention services in Delaware (for the state’s target/priority populations)
- Perform structured qualitative and quantitative needs assessment for HIV care and treatment services in Delaware (for the state’s target/priority populations)
- Perform structured qualitative and quantitative barriers to service access and utilization analysis (societal barriers, institutional barriers, personal barriers)
DHC expects that the contractor hired for this initiative would support the HPC and would also draft necessary content to be included in the Integrated HIV Prevention and Care Plan: 2022-2026, from this research.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- MA or MS in public health, public policy, or related field.
- 5+ years applicable HIV/AIDS or related work experience
- All voting members involved with the state of Delaware’s HIV Planning Council (HPC) must resign his/her voting status with HPC
- Eligible Applicants:
- Non-profit organizations
- Private Individual
- Individual businesses
- Ineligible Applicants under this RFP:
- Religious Institutions/Churches for religious purposes
All applications must be received by Delaware HIV Consortium 100 West 10th Street Suite 415 Wilmington, DE 19801 no later than 4:00 PM Monday, November 15, 2021. Late submissions and postmarks will not be accepted. Hand delivery and electronic submission of applications is required. One hard copy must be delivered to DHC by 4:00 PM on November 15, 2021 and one copy must be submitted electronically to Jhines@delawarehiv.org by the same date and time.
Application assistance is available by contacting:
HIV Community Planning Manager
Delaware HIV Consortium
100 West 10th St. Suite 415, Wilmington, DE 19801
302-654-5471 ext.117 Fax: 302-654-5472
We currently have no job opportunities available at the Delaware HIV Consortium. If you would like to send us your resume to keep on file, you may submit it to email@example.com.